All bona fide enrolled UPOU students, faculty, employees, and officials in the University, visiting scholars with the university appointments.
Librarian countersigns the ID of enrolled students (in coordination with the Office of the Registrar (OUR) and issues the borrower’s card to be used for all transactions with the UPOU library. The borrower’s card is valid for one semester and should be surrendered to the UPOU Library at the end of each semester in order to facilitate library clearance.
|USER||# OF CIRCULATION BOOKS||LOAN PERIOD|
The following library resources may be requested:
- Book (1 book allowed to be transported to LC, loaned out for maximum of 2 weeks)
- Journal articles (maximum of 1 journal article per request per patron)
- Chapters/portion of books (not more than 10% of the whole book)
If a request is not available at the UPOU library, the staff can try to borrow the books from other constituent university libraries through the inter-library loan facility, but these books cannot be transported, as the books are always subject to recall by home libraries. Only portions of the books requested can be photocopied and delivered to the users.
For photocopy of articles or chapters of books of interest the price is as follows:
Pick up at UP Diliman, UP Manila and UP Los Baños => free
Pick up at any Learning Center depends on the courier delivery fee
Learning Center Coordinator/Clerk files record of the item borrowed and provides the UPOU library copy of all the records. He/she acknowledges receipt of payment and stamps the due date on the borrower’s card of user. Upon return of the borrower’s card of user and collect fines as necessary.
- The requesting user shoulders the photocopy fee and/or the delivery fee of materials (as necessary) from the UPOU library to the Learning Center.
- The user will be charged PhP2.00 fine each day that the book is kept beyond the due date.
- Failure to return the books and payment of fines will mean suspension of their library privileges until they settle their library delinquencies.